An Introduction

The Technical Description was the first major writing piece that I submitted for this class. The writing piece was meant to be a description of a product of my own choice. The item that I chose to describe was the Model-O gaming mouse as its mechanics and aesthetic intrigued me. In this piece of writing I am describing the objects function, design, mechanics, and principal parts through the use of diagrams and informative writing.

The Memo was the second major writing piece and it was a group assignment. In this writing piece, a problem in New York infrastructure is discussed and an innovation that could be implemented to solve the problem is described. My groupmates and I chose the MTA(more specifically: the turnstiles) and we recommended changing the turnstiles in place now with a new gating system.

The Lab Report was the third major writing piece. In this piece, I am discussing the impact that distance learning has on students. The aim of the assignment was to present scientific research and draw conclusions from the results. My assignment incorporates credible research along with my own survey, leading me to conclude that the majority of students tend to excel in an online setting(in most cases).

The Engineering Proposal was the final major writing piece. The proposal is linked to the topic that I used in my memo as I proposed a new turnstile system for the MTA. The aim of the proposal was to introduce and describe an innovation that I came up very carefully. In this proposal I describe the cost, materials necessary, and the use of the innovation that I suggest.